• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cutting the quarters

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
got a little worried bout the cut n fold. but i manned up and got it complete. used a whole tube of liquid nails and a can of spray on bed liner. but heres the before and after pics. let me know what ya'll think.

07-05-08_1843.jpg

07-05-08_1939.jpg

man I loved doing mine. I really like how easy it was and when I was done it looked so much better. If its jeepspeed legal I wanna do it on my new project too.

I would like to find someone here in the Des Moines, Iowa area that has done a cut and tuck on the rear quarters of their XJ so I could see how it was done. I spent an hour inspecting mine today trying to figure out where to make the cuts and where to bend the quarters and how to secure them. Are there any Dsm area XJers who have done this to their XJ that could lend a hand?

I am in the Des Moines area and I have done a couple of these. I am planning on doing this to my 99 next week. Gotta finish my rockkrawler 3 link first.

Liquid nails... Since when are XJ's made out of wood???

I did mine with a welder since that is a structural part of the unibody...

Back