• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Swap Qs

sik4wheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I have stumbled upon a wrecked 05 Rubicon and can get the 4.0, manual tranny and the np241 for a good price. Can this setup be put in a renix just like a 94 setup could be? Would I be better off swapping the computer and wiring harness too. I believe they have the distributorless iginition, can I take out the dizzy hole cover and drop a distributor in. What would need to be done and what way would be best? Thanks

Well I don't have any experience, but the '05 Rubicon is OBDII, so I think it would be easier to take the computer / harness with it and just converting to a OBDII system...

As for the rest I have no clue, but hopefully someone in here will chime in.

Is it the silver rubicon on sf craigslist? If so, That is my roommates jeep that the Rusty's trac-bar broke (ther's a thread on here somewhere). I think you can put a distibutor in it, and either use your renix injection system or use the obd2 which will require a little more work. It would be cool to have a 6 speed cherokee:sunshine:.

Yeah it is the one in Lake County. I am thinking I might just take my time and put the obd II system in. A six speed would be real nice and the np241 would be awesome. Do you have any other info on the jeep regaurding the roll over. Did it lose oil pressure? What side is the front pumkin on?

the front pumpkin is on the drivers side and is a direct swap into a cherokee. We think the front axle might be bent, not 100% sure. The roll over happened so quick so we are not sure about the oil pressure, but my guess is that it fine after the s@#t I put my cherokee through. We are going up this weekend to his parents to start tearing it apart. Email him through the ad and he can give you the specifics. the 4:1 transfer case and 4.11 diff gears really made crawling easy for him. He always used full synthetic oil and did a tune up on it not long ago. Hope this helps you out.

Checked the fluids and put a battery in it. Started right up and no check engine lights. He already sold the tc and front and rear axles.

Back