• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake system HELP! -master cylender questions.

joeyschribar

NAXJA Forum User
on my 92xj, i bought a new front passenger side brake caliper, and also purchased a new brake master cylender as well.

i bled the master cyl. by bolting it up to the booster and from the two holes on the cyl. i made up some small metal brake lines that thread into it.
I then connected a small clear tube from that back into each resivoir in the master clyender, the front line went back into the front resivoir and the rear one went into the rear resivoir.

Then i fill it up with brake fluid making sure the lines were submerged and i slowly pressed the brake pedal.
I did this for a very long time and got most of the air bubbles out but there were still a few small ones left, but i spent about 30 minutes straight and thought that thoose tiny bubbles were normal.

Anyways, i reconnect the brake lines all up, and bleed the brakes as i always do.
Everything bleeds fine and there was no air in the system.
But the pedal still feels very spongy and i can press it to the floor!!
Once i press it all the way to the floor, the e-brake light goes on as well.
Anyways, sorry for the long explaination but i just want to make sure im doing everything correctly, thanks!!

you bled the brakes starting at RR, LR, RF, LF?

on car MC bleeding usually doesnt get all the air out, since the MC is pitched up slightly, and it needs to be dead level during bleeding.

i never knew that was the case, i definatly never got all the air out of the mc due to it being pitched up a tad!!

i did bleed them RR, LR, RF, LF, as i always do.

Ill go pop out the MC and try it on a vice and report back to ya guys.

Thanks for it input.

when you bench bleed, if you have a carpenter's level handy...
It will take just a few strokes to purge the bubbles out.

I used a bleeder kit and left the tubes in the resevoir, kind of OCD about air getting in. Carried it back to jeep that way. The ports were open only for a few seconds. On a first test, I had brakes before I even bled at the wheels.

ok, i re bled the MC and it is now perfect, no bubbles at all!!

I finally found out what my problem was, and its sucha simple fix i cant believe i never caught it earlier!!!!!!!!

the new caliper i installed, welll the bleed is at the bottom, therefore its not the right one, its a drivers side caliper and i need a passenger side one.

Tomorrow ill exchange it and get the correct one installed on it and report back once again.

Back