• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you suffer from renix poor air intake choices

BaronVonRoot

NAXJA Forum User
Spacer.jpg

SO...... you are just going to post a picture, or perhaps actually post where to get it or how to make it? I've had that idea for a while now, but haven't made one yet.

well I did this big write up on my air intake adapter for the renix to a good air intake and it deleted all my write up and just posted the picture, so my main question is would anyone be interested in buying a adapter so you can run a good air intake on a renix TB? if so i will look to getting a few of these made up for sale thanks for any input

i am not sure yet I made this on my lathe, but to hold the cost down i would take it to a shop with a CNC lathe to get a quote, and get some made, I would need to have a few made like 25 or 50 to keep the cost down this is a feeler thred to see if anyone is even interested!!!!

if your on a lathe what about just making a new TB to accept a different air filter? You could increase airflow throught the TB as well. I would be interested in a new TB not just an adapter.

it would take alot more than a lathe to make a whole new throttle body theres a bit more to it than a big hole

I understand that but there is also the fact that the TB will only flow so much even if you put on an air filter that breaths better.

Edit: Hey what ever happened to this: http://www.xj-armor.com/cnc_renix_tb.htm ? it looked like a great idea, just never saw anything more of it.

Last edited:
well yes thats why i went to a renix 60mm TB from here http://www.strokedjeep.com/renix%20t-body.html
now you can only get so much flow before your computer cannot adapt and you will start haveing mixture problems lean etc... then if you get alot more air comeing in you need to get it out, thats engine mods etc porting, polishing, header exhaust, etc... I simply had a old factory air box that was warped, didnt seal anymore, but there was no good renix air intakes avaliable, I like my buddys intake the K&N I made the adapter so it would work, thought it was a good idea, and thought if anyone was interested I would share my idea

yep Ive seen it in person its sure purdy and the ease of newer intakes is a nice feature I do know for a fact that no one makes anything like this for a renix system... Just to get rid of the no flow accordian design would be a major help with flow to the motor and he does have a 60mm tbody to go with it so you could pick up the adapter and upgrade the tbody later and go 60mm then.. I understand the renix head sucks but every little bit in and out helps when you turning 33s or 35s even with the right gearing...

themud

Oh yeah with headers and the intake and tbody seat of the parts says its something gotten out of it...

Hey guys, this is an opportunity to have a different air intake system. You can route it anyway you want.
I will take one.

cool i really like mine I will plan on going to get a quote this week, and see what kind of price I can get these made for!!!

I'd give one a try if the price is decent.

very interested

Back