• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj-7?

blue95xj

<---- Brrrrrrrr!
So I'm on my way home from work today and I notice this green 97+ xj about 100' away in the next lane. Didn't think anything of 'til I got a little closer and saw it had tj (or some form of wrangler) tube fenders and I was thinking sweet that looks kinda cool. Thats when I noticed the hood (with a large heavy duty ratchet strap holding it down/on), it also had a wrangler hood with a stinger hoop peering over it attached to a stock looking xj bumper. Now what I thought was strange is the rest of it looked bone stock, no lift, no wheels, no nothin, but the hood and fenders. I was able to grab a pic with my phone (sorry) but you get the idea. It had out of state plates, I thionk Ohio (didnt pay much attention due to the front clip). But it peeked my interest so if anyone has any pics, please post 'em.

Photo-0077.jpg

that has been on here or JF before, not sure which one it was but it looks horrible.

yeah I looked back and the headlights looked like cheap 5" round fog lights

thats how it looked to me, I noticed the hinges for the hood were mounted at a 90* angle and appeared to be bolted to the firewall. But I imagine if done right would be kinda neat if you used actual fenders from a wrangler and installed a grill. Also made some fill panels to go from the cowl down to the new fenders. Oh and lifted it rather than leaving it stock. How long ago was it on ebay?

Looks stupid. There is no way you could make it look good, because the styling of the two vehicles is completely different. The XJ is angular and boxy, the Wrangler has retro curves.

winkosmosis said:
Looks stupid. There is no way you could make it look good, because the styling of the two vehicles is completely different. The XJ is angular and boxy, the Wrangler has retro curves.

Maybe its just me but I think it'd be kinda cool to combine the two body styles.

Back