• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob question

kumes12688

NAXJA Forum User
so i decided to disconnect the quick disconnects today for the first time. i tied them up to the swaybar and went messing around in my back yard. i went through a little ditch and came out and went to turn around, made a sharp turn and heard a loud clunking noise. i stopped immediately and got out and reconnected them. what was this noise? i noticed the sway bar was hanging down. please help. how do i avoid this again? i got the re 3.5 inch lift with the aal, a couple weeks ago and i am too scared to go offroading because i don't want to break something after spending $1000

If you disconnected the sway bar link then you disconnected the sway bar. It will slap around unless you zip tie it ( the swaybar and quick disco. ) to something up and out of the way. I put in a screw with a looped end into the sheet metal after angling up the sway bar and seeing where to put the screw. Added a lock nut to keep the screw in place and zip tie the sway bar up to it. I hope you didn't spend $1000 to be afraid to go offroading.

Hopefully the jewels will drop ;). You spent a decent amount of money...go use it. IMO, It might be a good idea to get used to the suspension with the sway bar connected. There's no point in having something installed if you aren't comfortable using it.

I've had my RE 3.5" lift in for almost two weeks now...haven't had a chance to go beat on it yet. I do have a 4 day weekend coming up though :D.

get used to it, when you really offroad youll hear alot of POPs and CRACKS at least i do, sometimes at flex my swaybar hits the coils, sometimes its a branch that just sounds like metal, (some times it really is a part.... :( ) its all worth it in the end

first off tie the swaybar up that was probably your first noise, i use bungees to the fender support, second your suspendion is going to sing to you under movement like on a trail where it is constantly flexing, mine has a nice pop pop because under full droop it pulls the coil back and it scrapes the windings against a lip on the bumpstop, totally normal noise other culprits can be the trackbar and my lca's sometimes pop under load. But its a jeep right? its not workin if it aint makin noise!

Bone stock origianl owner '89 Cherokee Laredo - $1000
RE 6030 w/shocks and shipping - $950
Front winch bumper, rock sliders, rear bumper and 8k winch - $1500
5 - 33" MTRs and wheels - $1300
tcase and gas tank skids - $300

Doing this
(listen closely @ 33 sec.) and not worrying about damage because you're prepared - PRICELESS

If you built it, use it, if you ain't gonna use it, sell it. :D

It took me a long time to realize that the effort to build it was not so I could look at it and be awestruck, but so I could wheel it and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Prep it, maintain it, wheel it. It really is more fun that way.

If you're worried about the money, you don't need a Just Empty Every Pocket.:wave1:

I am with these guys!! I have owned a Jeep before this one, and have found that it will make noise!! It is not a Toyota-Solid, and a Toy- is not a Jeep-Fun!! It is just like anything, buy it, try it, use it, fix it.........dont abuse it.

Back