• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel filter

ethernet

NAXJA Forum User
How often should they be replaced? Mine has the numbers 27-06-03 on it so I am assuming that it is just shy of 5 years old. Should I replace it or should it be alright? My XJ is going through a major tune up right now and was just curious as to how long fuel filters should be good for.

thats a prod date. It could have sat on the shelf for a long time as well.

If you haven't done it in a couple of years it wouldn't hurt to do it now.

ethernet said:
How often should they be replaced? Mine has the numbers 27-06-03 on it so I am assuming that it is just shy of 5 years old. Should I replace it or should it be alright? My XJ is going through a major tune up right now and was just curious as to how long fuel filters should be good for.

my original filter went about 90K miles ... I'm at 167K now, at my current rate the second filter should last another 5 years. :laugh3:

ethernet said:
Well I went ahead and replaced it with a FRAM fuel filter just to be safe.

Fram? May as well use a sock - but the sock will probably work better.

Wix makes an excellent filter, I use them for all my filters on both of my vehicles. I'd use Baldwin (good for farm equipment - that stuff can work in some dust!) but they're difficult to find out here.

Surprisingly the FRAM was the only filter that I could find around here. Shucks and AutoZone didn't have any in stock and the other auto parts store was closed, and probably only carried stock or Fram. Is a Fram filter really that bad?

ethernet said:
Surprisingly the FRAM was the only filter that I could find around here. Shucks and AutoZone didn't have any in stock and the other auto parts store was closed, and probably only carried stock or Fram. Is a Fram filter really that bad?

Meh - they're just cheap. You can use them, but you can also do a good deal better (you'll find a lot of people have oil pressure issues around here - they change from a Fram filter, and the problem goes away...)

Back