• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newer grill in old xj?

Lee337

NAXJA Forum User
I searched for this. Im sure it has been asked. I really want to do this if possible. Heck I wanted to do it 5 years ago when I got my first XJ. What do I have to do to get a newer model XJ grill in my 93? Thanks guys and BTW this site ROCKS!!!

Fenders, header panel, grill and possibly hood. There have been a few writeups about doing it, I just never paid 'em much heed.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Pretty sure that's whatcha need. The profile of the fenders changed slightly so I don't think you can get the rest to fit up without help.

Edit: Look at the bottom of this page for the "Similar Threads" section.

Jim

Yucca-Man said:
Pretty sure that's whatcha need. The profile of the fenders changed slightly so I don't think you can get the rest to fit up without help.

Edit: Look at the bottom of this page for the "Similar Threads" section.

Jim
I read one, they'll fit fine but the older fenders have a little crease that sticks out and won't look quite right, it was enough hassle that I flushed the info pretty much immediately.

philip_g said:
I read one, they'll fit fine but the older fenders have a little crease that sticks out and won't look quite right, it was enough hassle that I flushed the info pretty much immediately.

Any pictures? I looked on all the links and they all look good. But it looks like they swapped entire front end.

Yep. My boy's '00 and my '90 parked side by side, it's really noticeable. You're best off swapping the entire front clip.

Back