• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Rear Tire Carrier

Vaulter09

NAXJA Forum User
Let's say I have access to a free ARB TJ rear tire carrier. How much work would it take to adapt it to fit our XJ platform if I decided to undertake such a challenge
jeep_bumper.jpg

arb_tj_rear.jpg

I say give it a shot! after all it's free! I don't see a problem if it isn't centered, I'd rather have it off to the side a little anyway just so you can see more out the back window!

mounting system isn't your prob. the bumper itself is easy to adapt. But the tire hinge will be dirrectly in front of your hatch, thus making it impossible to open without unbolting and dropping the whole bumper off. I just recently totaled my Wrangler and had a badass rear bumper tire carrier, and tried desperatley to make it fit on my new XJ, but the hinge is the hang up. That's why most XJ tire carriers mount to the surface of the bumper, not the top.

I second selling it. Use the profit to buy junk for your Junk.

GI-John said:
to buy junk for your Junk.

:D

Ain't that the truth. We pour so much cash into our rigs, all the while knowing that we'll be lucky to get back half of just the cost of the parts if and when we ever sell them. :(

There isn't a fit kit, so I would expect selling it might be a little difficult. I am going to do some measuring. I think that I might be able to use the bar a base for a homebuilt one. Has anyone ever heard of anyone trying a similar preposterous project?

Back