• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ ?

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
Im still searching for our next XJ and found a 99 4x4,4.0 auto, sport. the owner checked the head #`s for me and their 0630.The rig has 100K currently and I havent seen it as of yet cause its a couple hours away. anything odd about 99`s one should be aware of? We currently have a 95 BTW so XJ are familiar to us.
thank you guys.

I have herd that 97-99 XJ's have the wrong guage wiring harness installed for the fog lamps, resulting in the switch to burn out. This is if it has factory fog lamps.
Alex

On my 99 i have experienced some of the common problems talked about on the forums.

The window lock would stick and you can only roll the power windows from the drivers side controls and the rear hatch would get stuck. Both were minor and easy fixes, theres several writeups on the site on how to do it. However, my foglights DID burn out like mentioned above and im recently having troubles with my evap.

2000XJSPORT said:
I have herd that 97-99 XJ's have the wrong guage wiring harness installed for the fog lamps, resulting in the switch to burn out. This is if it has factory fog lamps.
Alex

That would explain why I've gone through like 3 Switches. I thought it was bad fog lamp switch.

Go Go said:
That would explain why I've gone through like 3 Switches. I thought it was bad fog lamp switch.

My friend had to do the same thing. I did notice that when it was on for a while, it got really warm to the touch. Warmer than mine in my 2000 XJ. We fixed it with a new harness.

I have a 96 and a 2001. I really like the interior layout of the 97+ Xj better. The stupid door handle/arm rest configuration in the 96 is a pain in the leg. The HVAC in the 2001 works much better, with better plenum layout and air flow. The interior is just more comfortable.

My 01 has the evap code setting issues as well. But it's my trail rig sooooo...

Back