• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ torn LCA mount right side.

OnorOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
So I was just out in the rain screwing around in the Jeep, and had an accident. Anyway, 4x4 saved my @$$, but not before I smashed/ripped the LCA mount on the right side, now the axle is misaligned and the jeep pulls to the right.

I don;t think anything else bent, I checked the otherside, the sway bar, and the UCAs on both sides, seems ok.

So, what's the easiest way to fix it?

THanks

Good point!

I think the UCAs might have twisted a little bit, hard to tell though. The initial impact was on the right LCA and I think that's what ripped the mount from the axle. The LCA IS RE, it barely has a scratch on it..

no need to do a long arm just order some HD control arm mounts from currie

yuk! things bend!!I'd really have a close look at the axle/arms before I made up my mind

Yea I was looking at the HD mounts... Seems like a cheap easy fix.

I was driving off a trail that I always drive back onto a hardball road, when I slid in the mud down into a 4ft cement wash-out (?), as I slid downward into it the LCA hit the top part of the cement and then finally settled at the bottom with the front wheels at the bottom and the backwheels still up in the mud...

Back