• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front axle

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i need to move my axle forward to get my steering corrected. and would like for it to sit a little more forward. can i just loosen my lower arms and the bolts on the back and pry it forward? or would it take one bump and it go back?

you need tro put a shim behind the bracket in the lower control arm mount so the arms dont slide back

gojeep has a write up, of course

it will onmly move the lower arms about 1/4" of an inch. wont do anything to the upper so it will affect caster and pinion angle.

i take it that you dont have adjustable arms? stock arms on 5.5 lift? i hope you have drop brackets

what is the steering problem?

i figured my steering was a little off cause of the 5.5 lift and fixed arms. the arms came with the 4.5 rc kit. i just added an extra isolater and measured it at 5.5. i'd like to get drop brackets or the rk long arms. but $$$$ is a big factor. after i sell my rack and 8.25 i'm gettin drop brackets

userbmx1315 said:
i figured my steering was a little off cause of the 5.5 lift and fixed arms. the arms came with the 4.5 rc kit. i just added an extra isolater and measured it at 5.5. i'd like to get drop brackets or the rk long arms. but $$$$ is a big factor. after i sell my rack and 8.25 i'm gettin drop brackets

what do you mean by the steering is off?

Back