• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 xj....worth trading a 97 for?

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
I finally found a 91 xj for my fiancee to drive instead of her 91 cavalier (yes, i know, but it was cheap). but anyways, it needs a little work, meaning simply the rockers and a floor patch. it has 245,000 miles on it and runs great with minimal other problems. my question is whether it would be a good idea to give her my 97 for the 91 but with all my add-ons taken off my 97. i figured that it being older and needing some work, that i won't feel as guilty modding a clean xj. my 97 would be going back to stock and all my goodies will be going on the 91. thanks for all your opinions.....!!:wave:

if its your fiancee then its up to you. personally i would rather have my g/f driving the better vehicle.

userbmx1315 said:
if its your fiancee then its up to you. personally i would rather have my g/f driving the better vehicle.

x2. I like the newer body style personally,however DW and I have talked about it and figure having a trail rig it does not need to be pretty, just functional. Slide into a tree or scratchs are much easier to take on an older rig. Worst case you roll it and you loss is not nearly as costly...

she doesnt care either way, she likes both of the jeeps. i just figured that if i had the older one it would be better to off road because it isn't as nice. and it is cheap too.

i'd give the gf the 97 after returning it to stock. the 91 needs work like you said, and it will eventually (if not immediately) need a new cooling system and probably a new suspension and steering setup. You're better off swapping in your lift stuff to the older vehicle and replacing anything worn when swapping the older stuff to the 97.

Back