• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting Stock Wheels

CMK4425

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 with the cheap looking factory 5 star steel wheels. I was wondering if I painted them black if it would look better or worse in your opinion. I am going to change them out when money allows but I am all about cheap mods.:dunno:

I would leave them the argent silver color. I don't really like the looks of the 5 stars in black.

CMK4425 said:
I have a 2001 with the cheap looking factory 5 star steel wheels. I was wondering if I painted them black if it would look better or worse in your opinion. I am going to change them out when money allows but I am all about cheap mods.:dunno:

"Son you can put lipstick on a pig, but she'll still expect you to buy her jewelry afterwards." :wow:

Get your handy digital camera out, take a picture of the wheel. Paint it black on the computer.

Thinking ahead you could just take a picture of the whole Jeep and digitally paint the wheels black.

Try before you buy...

I also have the stock 5 star wheels. On saturday i took them off, put a couple coats of paint stripper on them and took a wire wheel on an angle grinder to get all the paint off. So I was down to bare metal, I put two coats of primer, two coats of black, and two coats of clear on them...and I gotta say, they look pretty badass. Everyone says, "Wow, are those new? How much did they cost?" Or they ask me to do that to their wheels. So, go for it IMO.

This has got to be the dumbest thread ever in Modified Tech.

Next thing he's going to ask for is pictures of peoples rigs so he can pick a color. :gee:

Here is some photoshop of what I have in mind
ResizeofIMGP1920.jpg

IMGP1824.jpg

Back