• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Articles of impeachment introduced against Bush?!

just proves what a big bunch of morons the democratic party is ...

There is a reason why the democratic national party symbol is the donky, because there all a bunch of jack-ass'es:roflmao:

But I thought that they were going to take care of gas prices first.....:gag:

Honestly, what's the point of impeaching him NOW! I agree with the comment about the jackass and addressing real issues. I can barely afford to pay my student loans with the price of gas being through the freaking roof...

We get the government we deserve.

Blurb in today's paper cited a recent poll, that half of all Americans (I use the term loosely) didn't know the democrats had taken over congress in '06, they thought the gop was still in charge.

This nation won't function long-term on that level of ignorance and apathy.

Robert

Robert 771 said:
Blurb in today's paper cited a recent poll, that half of all Americans (I use the term loosely) didn't know the democrats had taken over congress in '06, they thought the gop was still in charge.

lzi080204.gif

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, just found that funny.

I decided to write Mr Douchebag through the very handy "write your congressman an email" link.

I'm not expecting a reply from him....

It must be nice to be able to rationalize all your problems away, by just saying "it'll get better when Bush is out of office".

Idiots. I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed and confused people next year when there's a new president and nothing's different.

Rev Den said:
Great idea.

MUCH better then addressing real issues.

Rev
Real issues:
Bush ignoring warnings about bin Laden's determination to strike at us, and then lying about his meetings with Tenet. He told the CIA (this is an actual quote) "OK, you've covered your ass" and twiddled his thumbs. Really, if GWB had nothing to hide, why did he only testify twice before the 9/11 commission, before only two members, with no recording or notetaking, and always with Dick Cheney at his side?

ILLEGAL wiretapping authorized by the president.

Authorization of torture (troops from Abu Graib say the commands came from the top- hard to imagine Rumsfield authorizing torture without Bush's knowledge)

Outing Valerie Plame (doesn't that constitute treason?)

Pushing faulty intelligence to justify the war (lying to Congress is grounds for impeachment).

Mismanaging the war by sending too few troops with insufficient equipment, causing the quagmire we have today. Remember, McCain spoke out against this.

Unfortunately, GWB won't be impeached because it's seen as a political maneuver thanks to the Clinton fiasco.

You can call Kucinich names all you want, but informed Americans realize by now that George W. Bush is one of the worst presidents in history, and has committed several crimes in office. This has nothing to do with ideology-- Liberals and conservatives should be able to agree on this.

vettboy, a new president WILL be different. The only people who think all presidents are the same just don't know any better. I was too young to really know at the time, but as I understand, Bush Sr.'s and Bil Clinton's presidencies were much much better than this one. I predict that either Obama or McCain will be remembered among the greatest presidents.

Last edited:
winkosmosis said:
Real issues:
Bush ignoring warnings about bin Laden's determination to strike at us, and then lying about his meetings with Tenet. He told the CIA (this is an actual quote) "OK, you've covered your ass" and twiddled his thumbs.
And Clinton didn't? Remember under Clinton's presidency they had Bin Laden in their sights, they could have taken him out but Clinton told them to stand down.
ILLEGAL wiretapping authorized by the president.
Dirty times call for dirty measures. Check out Lincon and what he did with the constitution in wartime.
Authorization of torture (troops from Abu Graib say the commands came from the top- hard to imagine Rumsfield authorizing torture without Bush's knowledge)
You think that was torture? Ever see what those assholes have done to our guys? If you think that was tourture...you are a wimp!
Outing Valerie Plame (doesn't that constitute treason?)
He didn't out Valerie, someone else did.
Pushing faulty intelligence to justify the war (lying to Congress is grounds for impeachment).
How was he to know it was faulty? It was the best intelligence we had at the time...remember most of Congress voted for it, including your dumb ass demorats
Mismanaging the war by sending too few troops with insufficient equipment, causing the quagmire we have today. Remember, McCain spoke out against this.
This is the only thing I agree with you on. We should have went in there guns blazing and wiped that country off the map.

Unfortunately, GWB won't be impeached because it's seen as a political maneuver thanks to the Clinton fiasco.

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/secrethistory/timeline4.html

Clinton didn't strike the 2nd time because bin Laden was supposed to be in a governor's mansion next to a mosque. The intelligence wasn't reliable, and 200 innocent people could have been killed. One terrorist is not worth 200 innocent men, women, and children. Remember, he's not Hitler and this isn't WWII, where you cut off the head and the beast dies. Some other two bit religious fundamentalist would have taken his place. This is why the issue isn't bin Laden, but the lack of steps taken by Bush to increase security, or even READ the briefing given to him by Condoleeza.

You're using Lincoln to defend Bush? The Constitution is most important precisely in desperate times.

It was torture according to the tribunals that sentenced soldiers to prison terms. It's torture according to John McCain. Are you more of an expert on torture than a US senator who has been tortured?
What they've done to our troops has no bearing on the way we should act. We are civilized, free people. We are supposed to be BETTER than them.

George Bush may not have personally outed Plame, but someone in his administration did. Either he's a mouthpiece who's out of the loop, or he can be held responsible for the actions of his administration as a whole. Too bad he'll always get someone else to take the fall.

He knew it was faulty. The admin picked and chose which intelligence to present, and buried warnings and intelligence that didn't support invasion. Technically Congress authorized GWB to use force if necessary, not to go to war. IMO, they were most concerned with public opinion, which supported the war, otherwise they wouldn't have voted to authorize the use of force.

More troops doesn't mean going in there with guns blazing and wiping the country off the map. It means getting the job done properly, and leaving the Iraqis with a free country. I fully support finishing the job done in Iraq, even if it takes "100 years".

Wow.. Imagine if we did just wipe them off the map. Then I guess no one would be the wiser about the lack of WMDs, and the only thing Bush would have to worry about would be the millions of dead children resting on his conscience.

Last edited:
winkosmosis said:
http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/secrethistory/timeline4.html

Clinton didn't strike the 2nd time because bin Laden was supposed to be in a governor's mansion next to a mosque. The intelligence wasn't reliable, and 200 innocent people could have been killed. One terrorist is not worth 200 innocent men, women, and children. Remember, he's not Hitler and this isn't WWII, where you cut off the head and the beast dies. Some other two bit religious fundamentalist would have taken his place. This is why the issue isn't bin Laden, but the lack of steps taken by Bush to increase security, or even READ the briefing given to him by Condoleeza.
Thats the whole problem with our country today. We have got wussified. Who the hell cares if a couple hundred civilians got dead? How many civilians died in the towers?

We need to quit letting our military fight with their hands tied behind their back. If it was WWII this war would have been over a long time ago.

This whole damn country is turning into pansies.

DrMoab said:
Thats the whole problem with our country today. We have got wussified. Who the hell cares if a couple hundred civilians got dead? How many civilians died in the towers?

We need to quit letting our military fight with their hands tied behind their back. If it was WWII this war would have been over a long time ago.

This whole damn country is turning into pansies.

For every innocent civilian you kill, you create a whole family of terrorists and terrorist sympathizers.

winkosmosis said:
For every innocent civilian you kill, you create a whole family of terrorists and terrorist sympathizers.

If you use that rationale, then are all the family members of the victims from 9/11 now terrorists and terrorist sympathizers?

I didn't think so.....

Back