• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame stiffeners and rock rails?

bwfdrums

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So here is my situation. I just bought some currie frame stiffeners but now im worried if I put them on, can I still put on my rock rails?

hopefully I can get pics soon or somthing. The stiffeners are the jeepspeed type. If that helps any. They sort of look like this.

http://www.tandjperformance.com/products-bpp-xj-chassiskit.htm

so after I put these on I hoped to put these on
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RA-RR22-XJ&Category_Code=xj_skid

Is it possible??? please help.

-sean-

You would just have to cut off the mounting brackets on the frame side of the rails and enough of the square tubing to compensate for the thickness of the stiffiners...i just have the square tubing of the rails welded straight to the rails and its even stronger then it was before. So you will be just fine.

I have the Currie JeepSpeed stiffeners, I had to make my own sliders for them. Nothing else would work. On my new rig I went with the Detours slider/stiffener combo and in my opinion that is the best way to go. But just in case you still want to persue the curries with sliders here are some pics of my work.

I still have this Jeep but it is in storage now.

slider11va4.jpg

slider13dc3.jpg

slider14go1.jpg

slider15ly7.jpg

slider3es4.jpg

slider4mc0.jpg

slider5ch7.jpg

slider6cn4.jpg

slider7ju4.jpg

slider8ez2.jpg

slider9df3.jpg

The Detours are the way to go, you get both and its a 2 hour install at most!
Mine are not on yet but here they are waiting to go on the rig.
sliders1cn2.jpg

trailrig41cr0.jpg

Last edited:
Your best bet would be to first stay away from the extremely overpriced rusty's rails. Give aj at ajsoffroadarmor.com a call or email and a few pics after you have the stiffeners in and he can build a set of rails to fit with the stiffeners for easily 100-150 less than rusty's.

srimes said:
x2!

Do you think one does a better job of stiffening than the other?

Not sure yet, I'll know in a couple of weeks. I can tell you that Mark at Detours only makes top quality stuff and he tests it out to extreme before selling it. The JeepSpeed stiffeners do just fine and my homemade sliders have held up to some hard hits

Back