• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fire extinquishers

metal or plastic extinguisher valve assemblys

• metal valve assembly

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • plastic valve assembly

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • doesn't matter just get one

Votes: 53 60.9%

• Total voters

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
I am in need of one but what lasts and holds up better. Metal valve, plastic valve. The metal valve would be rechargeable.

The plastic ones have a funny taste.

I've always bought the largest plastic assembly I could fit between my seat and the door (not hte automotive one, but the next size up). I've never had a problem with breaking it, and they have always worked fine - even after sitting for 2 years (i took it out a few times and shook it to break the settle).

cal said:
I've always bought the largest plastic assembly I could fit between my seat and the door (not hte automotive one, but the next size up). I've never had a problem with breaking it, and they have always worked fine - even after sitting for 2 years (i took it out a few times and shook it to break the settle).
Cal the way you drive, I'm not completely sure you need to take it out and shake it :laugh:

crazyjim said:
Cal the way you drive, I'm not completely sure you need to take it out and shake it :laugh:

I'm not entirely sure how to take that.

;)

I don't care what the valve is made out of, I care what size it is. The tiny ones won't help anything. Get one big enough to put out a fire.

the_weirdo said:
I don't care what the valve is made out of, I care what size it is. The tiny ones won't help anything. Get one big enough to put out a fire.

Make sure you also get more then one. A smaller one within reach of the driver and a larger one in the back.

-Alex

Mudderoy said:
The plastic ones have a funny taste.

HAHA!

No one even noticed that one?

I doubt, as long as it's inside the cab, you will break either EVER. I'd understand if you ran a plastic on a bumper, but why would you run either of them on the bumper?

like most other jeep things; get it, run it, and replace it when it breaks!

Mr_Random said:
HAHA!

No one even noticed that one?

I doubt, as long as it's inside the cab, you will break either EVER. I'd understand if you ran a plastic on a bumper, but why would you run either of them on the bumper?

like most other jeep things; get it, run it, and replace it when it breaks!

lol, they ignore me. They have found if they don't it just encourages me. :gag:

Back