• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-Rok Rear Bumper and Receiver Hitch

Achmed

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the receiver hitches made for the XJ will work with a C-Rok rear bumper already in place? Here is the back of my XJ.

DSC04164.jpg

C-rok has a 2" receiver right? If it's a 2" ball hitch, it should work. Or are you wanting a factory tow hitch? I don't think you can have a tow hitch with that bumper.

Edit: is it just me of is your shock on upside down?

Last edited:
its just you, i believe those are RE monotubes. what are you doing dude?

hot_rod_hooligans said:
C-rok has a 2" receiver right? If it's a 2" ball hitch, it should work. Or are you wanting a factory tow hitch? I don't think you can have a tow hitch with that bumper.

Edit: is it just me of is your shock on upside down?

Yeah, the C-rok wont hold very much tongue weight and I need to tow my trailer some. I dont even know why the C-rok has a receiver. Also, yes, RE monotube shocks are run can side up.

where did you get those tail lights?

Chris @ GATR said:
Yeah, the C-rok wont hold very much tongue weight and I need to tow my trailer some. I dont even know why the C-rok has a receiver. Also, yes, RE monotube shocks are run can side up.

What kind of weight are you pulling?? I have that bumper, i boxed in a section on the inside of the bumper around the receiver area and out to the shackle mounts both sides.

I had a 10" drop hitch & was pulling 2000lb trailer, tongue weight maybe was a few hundred pounds, no problem. After the mods, the bumper seemed totally solid, flex through out the unit was dramatically reduced & i was confident towing with it.

Just an idea.

mattyj said:
What kind of weight are you pulling?? I have that bumper, i boxed in a section on the inside of the bumper around the receiver area and out to the shackle mounts both sides.

I had a 10" drop hitch & was pulling 2000lb trailer, tongue weight maybe was a few hundred pounds, no problem. After the mods, the bumper seemed totally solid, flex through out the unit was dramatically reduced & i was confident towing with it.

Just an idea.

Hmmm, interesting. I'd love to know exactly how you did this as this would also suffice for my trailer weight. I generally haul a 1200lb trailer with a 1000lb load.

Thanks,
Chris

Back