• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disc Brakes

Milk Dud

NAXJA Forum User
My 95 XJ needs new front rotors soon. I was thinking of getting drilled/slotted rotors. Aside from the fact that they are a couple bucks more is their really any downfall to offroading with them? I do about 90% on road driving with it. Figured i would ask around about them just wanted to add a but more braking since I am doing a rear disc conversion as well.

Also, I have 4.5" of lift I am doing the rear discs with ZJ junkyard parts. But while removing the brakes fromt he ZJ the junkyard was closing and I got ticked and cut the E-Brake cables. I wanna buy the Teraflex cables but they have two sets listed I don't know which one to use for the conversion onto a lifted XJ without modifcations/welding. Anyone done the conversion before?

Milk Dud said:
My 95 XJ needs new front rotors soon. I was thinking of getting drilled/slotted rotors. Aside from the fact that they are a couple bucks more is their really any downfall to offroading with them? I do about 90% on road driving with it. Figured i would ask around about them just wanted to add a but more braking since I am doing a rear disc conversion as well.

Also, I have 4.5" of lift I am doing the rear discs with ZJ junkyard parts. But while removing the brakes fromt he ZJ the junkyard was closing and I got ticked and cut the E-Brake cables. I wanna buy the Teraflex cables but they have two sets listed I don't know which one to use for the conversion onto a lifted XJ without modifcations/welding. Anyone done the conversion before?

I did the conversion on my MJ using the Teraflex kit and used my existing ebrake cables. Just had to adjust most of the slack out to make them long enough and fit a Ford clevis on the cable ends. Might work on the XJ too. Why don't you get the disks installed first then see?

The problem is either way you look at it I need cables because right now with the stock XJ cables when I flex they are REALLY tight. And I didn't get the cables from the ZJ

use a left rear zj parking brake cable and a right rear liberty parking brake cable. they both are about 6 inches longer than the xj ones, will have the right ends, and are about $50.

Back