• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these skids............

That would be a big maybe... The dpg skid lines up with and bolts through the stock crossmember. Looks like the skidrow bolts through the middle of the stock crossmember. Really though, unless you're really unlucky at where you place your heep, the dpg will work. I've got all sorts of scars on mine from the Hammers.

I have the DPG belly skid and the Rusty's engine/tranny skid. They work fine together (just had to drill throught he DPG skid to mount the Rusty's skid).

I decided to go this route over the TNT belly because this way has much better protection up front than the TNT belly.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I have the DPG belly skid and the Rusty's engine/tranny skid. They work fine together (just had to drill throught he DPG skid to mount the Rusty's skid).

I decided to go this route over the TNT belly because this way has much better protection up front than the TNT belly.

Michael

My control arms are kinda funky; they're not stock (at least how they're monuted) but are not long arms. This is the only pic I could find to show you what I mean. I'll get better ones tomorrow when it's light out. Will I have to choose the "stock" option when I order?

sspx0875.jpg

AZCA jeeper said:
My control arms are kinda funky; they're not stock (at least how they're monuted) but are not long arms. This is the only pic I could find to show you what I mean. I'll get better ones tomorrow when it's light out. Will I have to choose the "stock" option when I order?
[Picture removed]
Those are drop brackets that you have installed. If I was you the first thing I'd be buying is a set of braces to go behind the drop brackets if you take the Jeep anywhere other than the street. Edit: For the braces use Rubicon Express part number RE9905 or contact Rough Country and see if they'll sell their RCX braces separate from the kit. Personally, I like the longer RE brackets better, but it depends on the budget.

If your talking about ordering the DPG skid, I believe you'd want to order the "stock" configuration. Why not give them a call, they are really nice to chat with when I ordered mine. :)

Last edited:
AZCA jeeper said:

You have drop brackets as stated above. And YES you NEED braces for behind them!!

There is no reason that the Rusty's Engine/tranny skid wouldn't work with your application in the "stock short arm" application. The front of the skid will mount between the original LCA bolts that are still on your Jeep.

I don't know anything about the skidrow engine/tranny skid so I can't comment on it.

Michael

Back