• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr stage 1 rear install

SoTex

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have trouble getting the bumper to mount flush? It seems the ridge on the factory nutstrip is interfering with the mounting plate. This makes it point upward quite a bit when the bolts are tightened. It keeps the hatch from closing if the angle is extreme enough.

I notched the bottom of the plate a little to see if that helped but it didnt and I don't really want to cut it that much.

Their instructions show a bumper being mounted with the nutstrips in place as well. So it should work in most circumstances...

Has anyone run into this?

I will probably call JCR in the next few days to see what they have to say as well...

Last edited:
Give um a call. I didnt have trouble there but the holes were off a hair on the rear facia. I pulled the nut strips out of my 89 and used some truck hitch mounting tabs my cousin had instead. They are a cam lock type part. I'm not sure what ridge you are referring to. You may just need to adjust the rear facia holes as I did.

There is a place in the nut strip where it isnt actually in the frame rail. That's where the last nut is, then the strip has a ridge in it to clear part of the body as it goes into the frame rail.

I don't know if that describes it well enough but if you look at the strip, it is flat everywhere but one place and that is what I'm refering to...

Anyway, I'll see what they say if nothing here seems like it will work.

Back