• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ on a LJ frame?

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah I know, I don't plan on doing it but it would be interesting to discuss. The 04-06 Wrangler Unlimited has a wheel base 2" longer than the XJ. The idea would be to cut out the XJ's unibody "frame" rails and Set the body an the LJ (Rubicon?) rolling chassis. Clip the LJ frame where needed, and trim the XJ body where needed, throw a roll cage in the XJ that ties into the body mounting points of the LJ frame. Could it work?

Last edited:
Anything can work with enough time and/or money. Cutting and framing a unibody vehicle is never a good idea, though. There's a couple threads on it with a lot of good information.

Fly me out there! I'll help... haha it would be interesting to try.

its not a bad idea. i have seen an XJ on a ramcharger frame and you could use LJ mtomounts and cut out the front fenders. using proper braceing and it would be OK. alot of work though. i hope you have a RBFH and a torch and welder

i hope you have a RBFH

OOOOHHH........ a REALLY big friggin hammer...

Back