• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

it wont start

jlc41712

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 88 xj 4.9/ ba10 ok here is wat mine is doin i was out trail riding and it was running fine never give me a hint of problems that day till i hung my rear stump up on a rut and still running fine till i got a pull off of it i never touch the feul just left it idleing and as soon as it came out of the rut it was like i reached up and turned the key off. it would crank but wouldnt fire my feul hand dont work so we thought it might b out of gas so we shot a little starting fluid in the breather it fire for less 30secs so we put some fuel in it but still wouldnt fire. so here is wat all i have tried coil, feul pump, tps, checked the cps multimeter shows it good, ive checked my wiring didnt find no bad spots. ive run out of optoins hopefully someone can come up with wat could b the prob. thanks in advance.

a simple diagnostic tool is starting fluid.If it starts with the ether it's in the fuel system. that said,you most likely damaged a fuel line or the wiring.xjs seem to be prone to this kind of trail damage.I didn't realise this post was so old, hope your'e back on the road by now!

Back