• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Compressor Failure Pics

Saudade

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well, I finally swapped in my new compressor and condenser and charged the system up. Cold air again and just in time!

So when I was done I took my seized compressor apart to see what happened. First I noticed there seem to be no trace of any oil. The system sat empty for about 2 weeks until I pulled everything but the compressor, then nearly a month more waiting for parts and time to do it.

As you can see from the first 2 photos the swash plate area is pretty galled up. One the 3rd, the little connecting rod socket failed. You can see a relatively better one next to it.

o3IJTxWl.jpg

Uzws5NBl.jpg

HYplb51l.jpg

Forgive the edit. Pics were originally linked in from Photobucket. The account is gone. This updates the pics from IMGUR. Hopefully this doesn't bump

Last edited:
I wonder where all the bits and pieces went?:cool:

As you can see there were no "big chunks" broken off. Hoever, I did replace the drier and condenser. I flushed the lines and evap while I had everything else apart in order to change the seals.

You probably got it all. Good job.

xjbubba said:
You probably got it all. Good job.

Thanks. I hope so. This was not an inexpensive repair (almost $400) and took almost 6 hours pulling the radiator, pulling the vacuum for an hour and cleaning up everything afterwards. It's still blowing cold so I have my fingers crossed. ;)

Back