• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf sping forward bolt mount nut missing. How the crap do I get to it?

Plays For Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
I was doind a little look over of the jeep, trying to figure out how much longer I can avoid new floors in the rear and noticed some thing scary.

The forward mount for the pass. sides rear leaf spring bolts head was sticking out past the mount about a half inch. Grabbed a mag light and poked around in the nut side of the perch welded to the frame rail.

The nust was missing! How in gods name do I get a new nut in there and even more importantly, how do I get a wrench in there to torque it down?

Please dont tell me that I have to fish one in through the frame rail :banghead:

How common is this?
Ideas to fix it?

Should I just drill a hole in the frame rail horizontally to use a socket on the nut?

Thanks guys!

Try the search ton of info and pics on there.Have a great day

I would have searched but IDK what to call it exactly.

EDIT: Just tried to search again and all I found was guys having trouble removing their leaf spring. But they didnt say how they got to that nut.

Last edited:
Georgia Mike said:
Cut hole through floor, install nut, tighten bolt, yer done

That is the only way i know how to get at the nut. not a hard job. Cut hole from top. Pick up a piece of license plate or something bend it too fit and poprivet it back in place with RTV under it to seal. Too easy. I didnt do this to get at the nut i had a rusted floor board but here is the Idea.

Finishedpatchwork.jpg

Yes you could drill a hole in the frame probaly be the easiest fix good luck with it.

Back