• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spinning HP30 axle tubes

Chris @ GATR said:
Is it possible...........or better yet, common? For some reason, I appear to have 1*-2* difference in my driver vs. pass. side caster and it leads me to believe a tube may have spun a bit.

I doubt it spun, probably just poor manufacturing quality control.
I would think if it spun it would be more than 1-2 degrees. I don't have my D30 anymore, are there plug welds between the diff and the tubes? If so, I think you would be able to see if they broke loose.

Off topic, but I just got to:
XJEEPER: You don't "CLING" to your gun. It results in trembling and poor trigger control. Obama doesn't know what he was talking about.

Chris @ GATR said:
Is it possible...........or better yet, common? For some reason, I appear to have 1*-2* difference in my driver vs. pass. side caster and it leads me to believe a tube may have spun a bit.

I use to align vehicles at Les Schwab and we tried to get 1-1.5* of negative cross caster towards the driver's side. That way the vehicle pulls slightly to the left, this compensates for the road crown in most areas. So lets say +5* of caster on driver's side and +6-6.5* of caster on the passenger's side. If it's the other way there is something wrong, unless someone put in adjustable upper ball joints. Have fun:wave:

Similar setup that I have, running 33's. My point is, the housing and knuckles are the weak link in this equation. Beef it now.......or throw it away later.

100_0954.jpg

Last edited:
Back