• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel cell problems/ no power to pump

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed my fuel cell into my Xj, started up worked fine with a E2000 fuel pump from autozone, then it just quit workin, im not gettin and power back to the pump, I just splice in the factory fuel pump wiring, I cant find my service manual to trace the wiring and as of right now im stumped....and for those with cells, what sending unit did you go with?

Not sure what year your's is but check the ballast resistor on the drivers side fenderwell under the hood.

Check the fuse and relay under hood...my '91 and '92 were on the pass side in the fuse box.

The wire comes up through in the floor under the rear seat and travels along the floor to meet up with the main harness that runs along the drivers side.

thanks, I took out the resistor, last time it broke and left me stranded, I traced the wires from, the pump to the dash, didnt see anything outa place, but Ill check the fuses and realys again, thanks again, oh it a 92

Last edited:
Back