• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so whatcha know aboot back-pressure

Akers87

NAXJA Forum User
right now ive got straight headers, doing exhaust work, anyways, i guess pack pressure helps push the piston back down? right now i could not get above 55 MPH to save my life, however it feels like have more torque. how much MPG do you suffer from open headers? am i getting more torque? thanks:lecture:

one day i was out messing around on a berm that i had no chance of clearing, when i backed off i tore my tail pipe down so iit dragged the whole way home, i then took a sawzaw to it so i wouldent drag and i could still drive it, but i didnt realize my muffler was dangeling, anyways vibes on the hanging muffler cause my front pipe to snap directly after the header, i drove like that for a day, i tryed doing 60mph, but my engin sounded like it was hurting, i defenetly shot threw a noticable amount of more gas, didnt bother to calculate how much exactley tho, but as for tourqe, i definetly had more, like most 19 yr olds i pump the skinny peddal hard alittle to often, and due to my acceleration habits along w/ running the open headers, every time i went to accelerate at a light i peeled out, not gonna lie i thought it was pretty rad, sounded cool to, but it was just another thing to get me pulled over for, and my wallet is to shallow to spend any more then i already do at the gas pump

it probably feels like you have more torque because you have a quicker throttle response. but back pressure causes compression... so, low back pressure causes low compression, low compression causes low torque, and so on and so forth.

think of a girl farting after an anal scene, its just going to blow out without any force.

Not sure on jeeps but when I used to race my chevy, it ran a lot better with open pipes! Loud as hell but 1/4mi times got better. But that is no sensors or computers jeeps have. Big cam lots of compression there too. Too bad my local track has closed down, I really wanted to do a few runs in my xj with a cat on and then with a test pipe, to end the debate that removing the cat does not add gains

Back