• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No wiper delay or washer on 98 Sport

soulslngr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I have searched and read a lot of posts but nothing that really pertains to my situation. I have a 98 Sport that has intermittent and washer controls on the stalk, but neither work. I have taken apart things under the dash to see if I have a wiper module and have found nothing, not even a seven wire plug where one would be. Can someone tell me if the wipers are controlled the same way for all years, because I have only found modules for up to 96. Any help on later Jeeps would be awesome, thanks much!:eeks1:

Other than the delay feature, do all the wiper speeds work?

soulslngr said:
Sorry forgot to mention that wipers only work on high setting...
thanks

Bad wiper motor. :thumbup:

I've got a new one to put in myself.

:cheers:

Is the intermittent or slower controls built into the motor? Is there any way to test? Seems motor would be okay if they work on high... strange

soulslngr said:
Is the intermittent or slower controls built into the motor? Is there any way to test? Seems motor would be okay if they work on high... strange

Fair question. The intermittent module sends it's "signal" to the slow speed. And yes, the slow and medium speeds are controlled by the motor itself. So since slow is dead (inside the motor) the intermittent won't work.

It's the motor!! :thumbup:

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=A1C&MfrPartNumber=40438&PartType=1313&PTSet=A (Or similar)

Last edited:
soulslngr said:
thanks for the help and link!!! now all I need is payday!:rattle:

My pleasure!!! :patriot:

I've wondered if I could just replace the stalk switch on the two speed washers with an intermittent one.

RichP said:
I've wondered if I could just replace the stalk switch on the two speed washers with an intermittent one.

Hmmm...... I'd say that that's a pretty good possibility. I can't see them designing two seperate types of systems. :thumbup:

Back