• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 O2 Sensors????

Emissions. You have "pre-cats" - the sensors check your exhaust gasses before and after the cat converters. I've seen them with 4, but not 5 - you must have the California emissions package....started in 2000.

What you do is, you get a "header" from Banks or JBA. They're the only ones who make an exhaust manifold for the 00-01.

I assume that the header would have the bungs mounted for the stock O2 sensors but what about the precats? Would I be in CEL hell? I'm wondering if it is even worth the pain involved. I should just keep my stock manifold and maybe put a new highflow cat and muffler.:doh:

If you think that is bad. The owners of the newer corvettes have 8 O2 sensors.

92DripCherokee said:
the 5th O2 sensor is downstream from the main catalytic converter, but its not a worry when swapping exhaust manifolds...

Just for providing clear information for future readers...

The fuel/iginition emmissions system comes configured with either two or four oxygen sensors, depending on your model year and emmisions package.

There is no configuration that has 5 sensors.

Like this......

O2Locations-2000Small.jpg

Back