• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Customs bumper?

Akers87

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, are any of you guys running the T&T Customs Pre-runner front bumper? I finally have saved up for a descent bumper. Is it strong enough to support recovery pulling, quality, etc.? Ive also looked into some JRC bumpers, id really like to get a nice stinger though, who makes a good one, thanks. Any pics would be awesome!

I have one and it is definitely strong enough for being dragged out of something, or to be winched if you have hooks/shackle mounts attached to the pre-drilled holes.

Workmanship is great and it looks great (in my opinion) when it's on.

Can see how it looks here:
100_2785Medium.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of a "stinger" hoop on a bumper? See them on people's rigs, don't get it...

The biggest reason is to help protect the radiator in the case of a roll over. This would give you the greatest chance of being able to restart the engine and get off the trail. Some people have even bigger stingers so they can approach really steep obstacles, slide the stinger up it to get the front wheels on it.

yossarian19 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of a "stinger" hoop on a bumper? See them on people's rigs, don't get it...

It also helps in steep descents to keep from going ass over nose. I have actually used mine in this manner on a few occasions. I have also used it as a slide on steep climbs to get the tires on the ledge. The stinger coupled with a skid on the front comes in real handy!

Stinger = less chance of ass over nose...
DSC02092.jpg

I looked at this bumper when I was shopping for "pre-runner" styles and I ended up going withe the 4 real steel bumper. IIRC the TnT attaches to the front a little more stout though.
the 4 real steel bumper...
HPIM1429.jpg

HPIM1434.jpg

Last edited:
I would suggest getting the inner steering box brace if you buy the TnT bumper. Its like 40 or 50 bucks. I actually bought it and used it with my 4 Real Steel bumper. If you have any small cracks in there this will help alot. And if your lucky to have no cracks this is a good idea to keep it that way

DSC_5140.jpg

i selected my front/rear bumpers for their strenght to make sure they could handle my abuse. on the TNT front bumper i purchased every upgrade they had. I'm glad to say that that bumper has held up to falling off of rocks, hitting trees, and 30 foot running start recoveries. VERY WELL WORTH the investment.

Back