• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar Issue

Milk Dud

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 Cherokee which I have broken the threaded part of my adjustable trac bar a few times. The previous time was because I failed to put thread locker on my jam nut. This time it seems to be the hole in the axle mount being egged out. Right before it broke I looked under while someone turned the steering wheel because of a clunk and saw the whole trac bar was shifting. I need to know if their is some kind of repair aside from welding the holes shut and redrilling. I have seen this problem on other Jeeps before but never saw the repair made. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes,buy a RE 1660 trackbar and bracket!

Thats pretty much the best fix yes.

What trackbar do you have that keeps giving you problems?

just fixed this issue yesterday on my 99 xj. get 2 5/16 washers from home depot .18 cents. and weld one on the front hole and the other on the back hole. the 5/16 washer is the perfect size for that bolt. all of my steering slop and death wobbles are gone. Thank God. It took about an hour including trip to home depot.

I did the same basic thing, but used a piece of 3/16 steel instead of washers.

Not my writeup, I just found it. It is a good writeup though :)

Back