• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Indentify this line

Pharaoh XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I was messing under the hood untill I spotted this guy here behind the fuel rail.
It extends under the hood & goes back with the brake lines
any idea ?
ResizeofDSC00965.jpg

ResizeofDSC00966.jpg

ResizeofDSC00967.jpg

Vent line that should be hooked to the charcoal canister? JIM.

i think its called a HVAP cannister. its down under/next to the winshield washer fluid bottle on the firewall. not sure if thats where that line goes.

EDIT: just went and looked. i have 3 XJs. on 2 of them it wasnt hooked to anything but the had a rubber hose connected to the end of the steel line you showed that runs in the direction of the cannister. on my DD that hose was connected to the cannister but i now remember putting it on there my self noticing that hose was detached from something. i was looking for a vacuum leak at the time.

Last edited:
I thought it was the fuel return line. Never traced it down but always thought that was what it went to. Guess I will have another reason to go crawl around under my Heep again.

Back