• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help putting steering column back together again

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am finishing up a complete body swap on an XJ. This includes the complete dash, wiring and steering column. It has been 6 months since I pulled the old rig appart. There is a long single row connector mounted on the steering column down by your feet on the passengers side of the column. How many cables plug onto this connector. I have found the one that plugs on the connector on the side away from the firewall, but there are several blank spaces on the column mounted connector. It is a real hassle seeing up under there and trying to get it hooked together. Does anyone have a drawing or info on what hooks up there? I am only about an hour's work from firing the rig back up and any help would be appreciated.

I assume you have this fixed by now....but if not.

I replaced two columns in 88's...IIRC both had two plugs from the main harness that plugged into the column.

Back