• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday Drive

Metal Thrasher

NAXJA Forum User
We went for a nice Family Sunday drive today. My family and some friends with a '05 Rubicon decided to enjoy the scenery at the Reiter trails.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

The great news is that there is apparently a Papa John's delivering in the area:
IMG_0041.jpg

The bad news is that I now only have one functioning shock on my XJ:

The rear two have needed to come off for a while as they were too long and bottomed out... Today they bottomed off.
IMG_0045.jpg

In all it was a great day to enjoy the scenery. And now I have the motivation to work on my suspension.

Blkxjkrawler said:
Is that the shock mount still attached to the shock?:pirate1:
-Ryan

Yup. The other side tore the upper bar pin in half while coming loose.
I'm currently surfing parts websites for new mounts, leaf straps and pins and shock modification hardware.

Blkxjkrawler said:
Is that the shock mount still attached to the shock?:pirate1:
-Ryan

Too bad the other side didn't do the same, you just eliminated the first step in moving your axle shock mounts flush ;)

I assume you will be replacing them with Bilsteins?
Michael

2xtreme said:
Too bad the other side didn't do the same, you just eliminated the first step in moving your axle shock mounts flush ;)

I assume you will be replacing them with Bilsteins?
Michael

Bilsteins and I need to grab those leaf spring packs from you..... If I didn't leave them at your place too long... Time for some bastard leafs and front spring mods.

Ba-Riedo said:
Is it me or are there no shocks on the back of this?:doh:

-Alex

I didn't have rear shocks by that time either.... :eeks1:

Metal Thrasher said:
Yup. The other side tore the upper bar pin in half while coming loose.
I'm currently surfing parts websites for new mounts, leaf straps and pins and shock modification hardware.
I think I have some stock rear bar pins you can have let me know.

Metal Thrasher said:
Bilsteins and I need to grab those leaf spring packs from you..... If I didn't leave them at your place too long... Time for some bastard leafs and front spring mods.

Yes, I still some leaves (not quite as many as before) but I think I still have everything you might need.

I even have a welder that we could weld your shock mounts back on (flush this time).

Michael

2xtreme said:
Yes, I still some leaves (not quite as many as before) but I think I still have everything you might need.

I even have a welder that we could weld your shock mounts back on (flush this time).

Michael

They were flush or actually above the tube bottom a bit..... Just not meant to be used as bump stops... :scottm:

Metal Thrasher said:
They were flush or actually above the tube bottom a bit..... Just not meant to be used as bump stops... :scottm:

ahhh.........

That can be hard on them :roll:

Michael

Back