• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 XJ stealth electrical problem

bruceybonus

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I've got a 94 XJ RHD 4.0 Stealth with a problem which has only just become apparent.
I'm seeing a 3A draw on the battery when the car is switched off! I assume the normal draw is 0.03A. This draw then jumps to 6A for a min or so then drops back down the 3A. Obviously this is deadening the battery in a matter of hours... I'm really not sure what could be causing this, I'm guessing a relay of some sort may be involved perhaps

Anyone got any Ideas, cause I'm doing a hell of a lot of headscratching at the mo!

Cheers

bruce

Start pulling fuses until you see the draw drop. Then you know what circuit to work on.

Saudade said:
Start pulling fuses until you see the draw drop. Then you know what circuit to work on.
i agree. electrical problems are the hardest to track down, and that would be the best way to find where to start.

Back