• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Info on starter relay please?

Alucard226

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry to start a new post but I've searched & read about the bosch starter relay being cheaper but not sure which one to get? (The stud that my batt & alternator bolt on to on my starter relay has stripped out & the pole that the starter solonoid slides onto broke, was wondering what the cheapest route to fixing/replacing it would be, at the moment it runs ive got the
sol. wire hooked in with the ignition wire so it starts/runs like normal with the exception that my batt/alt has a extremely poor connection from not being able to tighten the stud down, any info would be much appreciated.

Okay nm all i figured out what relay everyone is talkin about & stole it & the power distribution box out of a '00 cavalier, rewired & replaced my entire relay

When I use my own zipcode here in SoCal, it lists for $55. If I use my sisters in NYC, it's $33. This actually pisses me off.

Saudade said:
When I use my own zipcode here in SoCal, it lists for $55. If I use my sisters in NYC, it's $33. This actually pisses me off.

Things more expensive in California???? What a shock!! :spin1: :laugh3: ;)

Saudade said:

Partsamerica is a joint venture between Advance and CSK auto (O'reilly's now) and the part number you were looking at was an Advance part (Advance does not have many locations west of the rockies). Try surfing their site for another brand and checking again-- the shipping on parts from CSK should be cheaper as they are out of Arizona.:peace:

Haha $34 to a 20 yr old dominoes employee tryin to push it in todays rising prices is the end of the world on my end :p figured i could get a half a tank n just stip parts outta these wrecked junkers in my yard while ive got em lol

Alucard226 said:
Haha $34 to a 20 yr old dominoes employee tryin to push it in todays rising prices is the end of the world on my end :p figured i could get a half a tank n just stip parts outta these wrecked junkers in my yard while ive got em lol

I certainly understand what your saying. However the older I get the more I have found that the cheapest fix isn't necessarily the most cost effective in the end. But hey, you are young and a long walk along a country road when that used part craps-out won't hurt you like it would an old fat guy like me. :patriot:

Ahhhh....... to be young and fit!!! :eek:

Good luck to you young fella!!! :peace:

Back