• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring rate up front

jasswass

NAXJA Forum User
Hi! Anybody who know the spring rate for the original XJ front coils? I'm looking for a soft set with about 3" lift, and i read that rustys 3" spirings are rated 150lbs (and 180lbs for HD version). any other tips?
Today i actually have a set of ZJ V8 coils up front that gives me 2" of lift + 1"spacer, but they feel a bit stiff...what are they rated? - just to have someting to compare with...

thanks
Norwegian jeeper...

I have the Rusty 150lbs ones and have been very happy with the ride quality. I am also running Bilstein 5100's which help greatly with the ride. They flex very well too.

AT 3 inches of lift you may need a drop bracket to improve that ride as well. AT 4~4.5 many comsiter DB or longarms mandatory. But they may help at 3.
I don't think ether spring rate is so high as to restrick flex but a little stiffer spring may prevent bottoming out. Plus if you add any thing like skids wench bumpers etc the stiff springs will come in handy.

jasswass

I would just LOVE to give you my extra soft coils that are giving something around 3" of lift, but are long enough for flexin' around.

However, shipping from here would be overkill - I know cause I would like to get some stiff springs from US..

Oh .. well.. I'm just wasting bandwidth here..

Back