• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seafoam

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
How long between uses can I use this in the vac line?

So here is the story. Last spring I got some water in the engine via the intake and a river. I shut down the engine and replaced the oil, air and oil filters and spark plugs. This is my DD and I have put about 12,000 miles on it sence then. I also changed the oil when i got home, only a few miles, and again around 1000 miles.

With that said I recently had a few rougher than normal starts and heard of sea foam from searching here. I was not surprized that there was a bit of smoke after sucking it though the brake vac hose. I let it sit and then started it up after 10min and it smoked very heavy for a min then it is still smoking after running still for 3-4min and driving around the block. and it is still smoking. Good thing I finally did this.

The engine sounds so much better, I never expected this big of a change. Although there was obviously a ton of crap in there.

Seafoam is awesome stuff, the Spray can version is the exactly the same except the addition of propellant....

My preferance is the spray version for shear conveniance....

Back