• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solving faded / grey fender flares door bumpers

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if this is better off in OEM or MOD section but here we go anyhow,

P4184205.jpg

P4184206.jpg

P4184207.jpg

RELLY Turned out nice. I'll wait a week to start banging them up. It suggests that the paint will be dry in 15 minutes - fully cured in a week

Also did the area that the plastic bumper guard covered up with the Duplicolor Bed Liner. I stuck the plastic OEM style plugs in the rivet holes and sprayed it down a few times... again Very happy with the results.

P4184208.jpg

KarlVP said:
They have this stuff called "back to black" works just the same.

bull hockey i say, its not permenant paint is the way to go i tried the torch trick that worked the longest but wasnt close to the results of painting it

I used Krylon Fusion on my TJ fender flares and they came out great. Just gotta make sure you give them a good cleaning when doing your prep.

I think I might try the whole heat gun trick on my XJ.

kennzz05 said:
bull hockey i say, its not permenant paint is the way to go i tried the torch trick that worked the longest but wasnt close to the results of painting it

(+1) AGREED!!! Fusion is a real fix, not just a temp. "blacking" just waiting to faid-out again!!! :yelclap:

:cheers:

KarlVP said:
They have this stuff called "back to black" works just the same.

I have tried those black plastic "rejuvinators" they last a few days maybe over a week ...but the more hot summer sun youre in the sooner you'll be going grey again.

I used SATIN BLACK when I painted, I'll keep you fellers Posted on how it holds up.

Back