• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can i put an 89 motor in a 93

JeepZJlover

NAXJA Forum User
if i change all the intake and what not out. I need a motor i hydrolocked mine this lady is willing to sell me a jeep for 350 that has an 89 motor that supposevly has 61,000 on it. I cant hear it run the tranny and all that is gone it has front and rear axles and all the interior stuff. I dunno what to do or i could get a motor out of a junkyard from a 95 grand cherokee with 99,000 on it for 400. I cant make my mind up on this help me.

JeepZJlover said:
if i change all the intake and what not out. I need a motor i hydrolocked mine this lady is willing to sell me a jeep for 350 that has an 89 motor that supposevly has 61,000 on it. I cant hear it run the tranny and all that is gone it has front and rear axles and all the interior stuff. I dunno what to do or i could get a motor out of a junkyard from a 95 grand cherokee with 99,000 on it for 400. I cant make my mind up on this help me.

If your just using the block (from the 89) its just a straight forward swap... and this is the way i would recommend doing it. There shouldnt be anything wrong with your head / intake / exhaust etc... so just use the block. Since its apart however, i would get the head checked at a machine shop.

I dunno if the valves got damaged or not but the number one rod is busted in half the bottom piece came down throught the oil pan and bent the tranny line and well the piston is still at tdc so i dunno.

Back