• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another axle/gear question.

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have read the FAQ post but I can't find this info out. I was changing my rear diff. fluid the other day and I pulled off my ID tag. After cleaning it up to be able to read it, I found this:

4 11 605315-3D

Thats exactly how it appears on my tag. I have heard from some ppl that tag has my gear ratio and axle ID number on it. I know that the 605315-3D is my axle ID number.
But what I am woudering about the 4 11. Is that my gear ratio? I have asked a few ppl in my local OR club but they aren't for sure. They think I should have 3.55 gears. As far as I know my axles are stock. If it helps I have an 1986 2.8L V6 w/ 5 speed trany and 207 TC.

Quite a few Cherokee's came with 4.11 gears. I don't remember for sure but I believe the 2.8L Cherokes came with either 4.11s or 4.56s, depending on the transmission.

Sweet! Would you happen to know if there is a similar catalogue for the chrysler axles?

Back