• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Tow Point Fab.

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to start this with a question. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll get enough free time to finish the project and post the build.

For my front tow points, I'm going to leave the stock bumper and cut holes in it for D-ring tabs to come through. Behind the bumper, I'm going to stick a home made front reciever that will also come through the bumper. I'm going to use plates made like steering box braces that cover the steering box bolts and the three bumper bolts. I was wondering if you guys who have done more fab work on XJ's than I have think that it would be ok to cut off the two tabs that stick out the front and have the forward two bumper mount bolts nut clips on it? I'm thinking about cutting it off since I'll have four bolts on each side and just welding the center tube of the reciever to each side plate instead of sandwitching the tab between the side plates and a piece of 1/4 plate or angle on the center tube.

Back