• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light question

shaggy4x

NAXJA Forum User
Any opinions on where to place aftermarket lights. I just came across a nice set up and am looking forward to a real night run. I can think of pros and cons for both bumper and roof mouted. I'm just looking for some advice:lecture: and reasoning for either.

thanks.

If you do night runs then I would suggest some rock lights! Go to Wal-Mart or an Auto Parts store and get the two pack of lights and install them under neath your xj. This will light up the ground around your jeep and your spotters will be able to guide you through anything because they don't have light shining in there eyes, and even if they do they can still see the ground and what is around with the rock lights.

Heres my buddy's set up works nice...
100_0516.jpg

Hey Evan,

I always liked lights on top because I used tp break lights on my bumper. With lights on top, there's more of an angle which seems to light-up more of the terrain. Plus, you can turn the lights to the side and backwards if you need to. Instead of having to park perpendicular to a rig or object, you can park parallel and just turn the lights.

E

EliasJ123 said:
Hey Evan,

I always liked lights on top because I used tp break lights on my bumper. With lights on top, there's more of an angle which seems to light-up more of the terrain. Plus, you can turn the lights to the side and backwards if you need to. Instead of having to park perpendicular to a rig or object, you can park parallel and just turn the lights.

E

Thanks E,

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'll go with the top.

Back