• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper spring retainer?

proskier101

NAXJA Forum User
well i flexd out my jeep today and the coil popped right off the bumpstop :flamemad:
is there an upper retainer that i can do? or did yall just do lmiting straps? or extend the bump stop?

ChrisRFewell said:
well i flexd out my jeep today and the coil popped right off the bumpstop :flamemad:
is there an upper retainer that i can do? or did yall just do lmiting straps? or extend the bump stop?

Extend the bump stop....use a limiting strap....use shorter travel shock...longer spring........getting the picture here?
Lots of options depending on what you have....

Jump This said:
I should ask one question here though.....did you spring go back into its intended location after you dropped your rig back down?
If so....forgettaboutit'

i thought about all those..and no it didnt..lol i had to back up in to the position i was in to put the top of the spring back in. you think the best thing to to would be to put it on a RTI ramp and see how far it will actually drop? then make the decision on which way to go?

You have an RTI ramp lying around?

That is just sick....you need therapy...and NOW!

:D

I can't answer you basic question. I have never had that problem, I have heard about this happening, and I'm thinking that your spring is too damn short for your shock travel, or your shock travel is way to long for your shocks.. What ya' think?

But most people have extended bump stops.....

Jump This said:
You have an RTI ramp lying around?

That is just sick....you need therapy...and NOW!

:D

I can't answer you basic question. I have never had that problem, I have heard about this happening, and I'm thinking that your spring is too damn short for your shock travel, or your shock travel is way to long for your shocks.. What ya' think?

But most people have extended bump stops.....

actually...yes i do i have one laying around...lol..

and ill test the bump stop idea..ill just see how much up travel i have first

I seem to remember helping a guy with shocks some years back and they were on the inside of his springs. Anybody ever pulled out the bump stop and relocate the shock there? You'd never lose the spring.

:looney: :looney:
SgtJCJ said:
I seem to remember helping a guy with shocks some years back and they were on the inside of his springs. Anybody ever pulled out the bump stop and relocate the shock there? You'd never lose the spring.

Details on your front suspension? what coils and shocks are you running?

Back