• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question(s)

codyyy

NAXJA Forum User
Can I run 32s with a '98 XJ, 3.5" RE lift system with full leaf packs? If not, how much would I need to lift it to fit? Assuming I don't cut that much, if at all. I'm thinking if anything I could throw on a 1" coil spacer up front and that should be it, if not putting a small block in the rear too. Thanks.

Yes you can fit them with little or no trimming at all. The width of the tires and backspacing of your rims can hinder your turning radius a little depending on what it is. You could even run 33's if you wanted.

I was thinking a 32x11.50 15 tire on 15x8" rims with 3.5" backspacing. I just got off the phone with an off road shop and apparently the shops say I can't even though I'm sure I can. I don't flex much.

The shops will never agree with you. Just tell them what you want if your ordering from them. If you are going to a tire shop to get your tires mounted they may have you sign a waiver so you can't come back on them. idk why but people catch alot of rap from these people.

You might want to think about running 4" instead of 3.5" of backspacing if your worried about the tires fitting. The farther your tire sticks out the harder it is to fit it in the wheel well.

I run 32x11.50's on:
7" wheels,
4" BS;
BFG M/T's
on 5.5" of lift.

No fender trimming front or rear, though I run a ProtoFab bumper up front....
Running stock flares, in stock location...no rubbing at full stuff, disconnected.

The tires are just even witht he outside of the stock flares.....

It can be done...

OverTheHillsATTW said:
The shops will never agree with you. Just tell them what you want if your ordering from them.

not true... when i'm asked if something will "fit" i will generally list off everything they will need to make them "fit" PROPERLY.. with no body or frame contact and minimal trimming.. there is always room to keep it lower and cut more and i will also state those options.. however the question is never "how much do i need to cut?" it's always "will they fit?" or "how much lift?"......
i dont consider anything to fit properly if it rubs or contacts anywhere even the smallest bit.. may be small trimming needed but most people dont consider cutting and trimming a reasonable act like most of us take for granted..

sidriptide said:
not true... when i'm asked if something will "fit" i will generally list off everything they will need to make them "fit" PROPERLY.. with no body or frame contact and minimal trimming.. there is always room to keep it lower and cut more and i will also state those options.. however the question is never "how much do i need to cut?" it's always "will they fit?" or "how much lift?"......
i dont consider anything to fit properly if it rubs or contacts anywhere even the smallest bit.. may be small trimming needed but most people dont consider cutting and trimming a reasonable act like most of us take for granted..
To be honest I can replace fenders (although I don't want to resort to cutting them). Quarters are another story. I was just wondering if I could fit a set of 32s on 3.5" of lift with full leaf packs. My rear is sitting higher than the front which is good. I can put a 1" coil spacer on the front as well, and if the rear needs it, I know where to get some small blocks (I doubt it and I'm not a fan of blocks).
A lot of people I have talked to about this seem to care about flexing. Most of the off roading I do has very little to do with flexing at all. Since it is my DD the street is where it mostly sits, so I'd prefer not to cut it up but I don't want any rubbing under steering or anything like that. Flexing I understand it will rub, but I don't flex much so that doesn't concern me. But since I'm getting lots of answers saying I can, I think I will. Thanks.

Back