• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case lowering

88RIxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was woundering if there was anything special to the common t-case lowering kit. In all the pics i have seen it looks like a 3/4" - 1" peice of steel with two holes and longer bolts. Am i mistaking or is that all it is?

I'm just having a hard time justifying $50 for a few pieces of scrap steel i have in my backyard.

If anyone has made thier own some tips would be nice.
Mr.X:peace:

You can make your own.

GoJeep has a write up on how on his website. Search gojeep in google.

You'll have to convert it from metric to english thou. Still pretty easy.

You can make your own. Nothing to it. You are correct, that's all it is.
Hardest part of the whole thing will be removing the stud from the unibody.

:thumbup:

I got the Rusty's 1" drop crossmember. It is 3/16" thick and it can be installed without removing the studs.

I used 40mm box section, but after running for a week I found I could not engage 4low. Easy fixed by replacing the 40mm with 25mm (1") box section.
Installation was done by removing seats and carpet, drilling out studs and dropping in new longer bolts through access hole. Once bolts in place just re align cross member with box section in place, (drilled to the correct center, 115mm if I remember correctly),
4Low will now engage and no vibes.

Back