• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uhh ideas, suggestions?

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So i bought my XJ with this little problem and i now know that heat will weaken it to bend it back and hammering it will just work harden it even more making it brittle. Good excuse for the dana 44? Also realized today the importance of a reinforced diff cover as i noticed fluid leaking from the 8.25 and found out that the cover had been peeled away a little bit(must of been the same rock that trashed the x-member) Damn hidden stone wall in the middle of the open field!:wow:

bent.jpg

Remember i bought it this way its not a result of this past sunday.

Cut it off and weld on a new aftermarket one for 30 bucks. I believe RE sells them. Oh and it looks like the LCA is bent a bit too.

At least it wasent a concretre slab that was a perfect fit between your front tires and back, and you were stock. I got one of thoes im stuck can you come help me calls earlly in the morning. Thats what i found when i got there.

I forget where ive seen them, but if you have a welder, they make stronger (thicker) mounts if you feel like cutting that one off and welding a new one on.

Excuse for a d44 works too. but i cant see scrapping an axle for that.

Thanks alot for the info and links it doesnt affect driving but if im under there swaping stuff out mine as well fix it! Need to front axle seals and thinking about installing lube lockers.

Back