• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running this lift?

99XJLove

NAXJA Forum User
That is not a 3 link its a radious arm set up actually.

Ghost said:
That is not a 3 link its a radious arm set up actually.

Okay well it is a radius arm set up but there are only 3 links, So what is the difference between the Claytons and this besides the 3 links. I know a true 3 link is triangulated off of the axle and this is not. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this set up! The RE 5.5 LA kit is still what I'm leaning towards, but I found this lift this morning. I know that it doesn't have Quick disconnects which is a money factor and it also doesn't seem to have a full x-member that I can see in the pictures. Just wondering if anyone is running this set up.

lowrange2 said:
1600 bucks and you don't get a x-member...Pass...

That is also what I'm saying about that one! After looking at the Clayton hard arm lift it is also a radius lift, while the Clayton lift uses "4 links" (uppers and lowers x 2) and the Iron Rock uses 1 upper and 2 lowers which makes it a 3 link - not quite a y link like TNT but more like the traditonal RE and Rustys, minus the passenger ( it looks like) upper CA, I would say that it is a poor set up. What other system runs the 3 link set up? I know I have seen it but can't remember.

When you are talking suspension generaly the "links" are the number of axle arms from the frame. The one you posted has 2 "links" that go from the axle to the frame. Teh uer link goes to the lower arm. Therefore making it a 2 link or radious arm setup. The panhard or track bar is not considered a "link" per the standard suspension lingo.

The clayton kit I looked at before I enlisted a friend and did my own looked nice and there are several on here running the RockKrawler one also. If I were to buy one I'd look at those two. JMHO! Since mine had so much modification I optred to build one instead of trying to adapt one to my set up.

99XJLove said:
That is also what I'm saying about that one! After looking at the Clayton hard arm lift it is also a radius lift, while the Clayton lift uses "4 links" (uppers and lowers x 2) and the Iron Rock uses 1 upper and 2 lowers which makes it a 3 link - not quite a y link like TNT but more like the traditonal RE and Rustys, minus the passenger ( it looks like) upper CA, I would say that it is a poor set up. What other system runs the 3 link set up? I know I have seen it but can't remember.

I run the RK 3 link (True 3 link). With Rusty's springs front and rear. I've got well over 1600 in my lift but only because I didn't do it the way I should have the first time.

IMO You should piece a lift together. Source your springs from whoever you like, order the RK kit for $500, get some brake lines, etc. I figured it up and it would have worked out way cheaper for me that way.

I don't really like it. The long arm is cool but the upper link is solid which could cause the axle to not locate properly when flexing.

Clayton Long Arm is IMO the best long arm out there...In a close second would be TNT customs.

Back