• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles, Gears???? what to do

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i'm going to be running 33" tires. what is the best/easiest rear axle that will work with 33's? right now i have the dana30/35 combo and i'm assuming that is no good, even though i basically do no wheeling. i'm just looking for the easiest axle that will just bolt on like stock if there is one. and it needs to be able to have new gears upgraded.

does it basically just drop in with no real modifactions required? also are the 4.56's going to give me alot of power and good gas mileage? i do about 70% highway driving/20% city/10% light offroad.

The 29spline 8.25 is a direct bolt in because its from a jeep, just get a 97-01 cherokee 8.25 and you should be fine. Its gonna be the cheapest way probably.

But first I would look at the faq sections for axle and gear info and you will learn everything you need.

-Alex

same thing, but get the 29!!

also, right now my jeep has the front dana 30 with the axle disconnect. if i swap in a re-geared dana 30 that is non-axle disconnect will i run into any problems?

Back